Thursday, January 17, 2008

Report on the Cause of Death for Ike Turner

The San Diego County Medical Examiner's office said yesterday that Ike Turner's cause of death was an accidental overdose of cocaine.

Damn Ike, you ended a good long run with a fumble at the goal line.

On a happier note, my sincere congratulations and love go out to Missouri Mule of Blondesense, and my collegue at Big Brass Blog, today as she celebrates twenty nine years of sobriety.

I've seen, over my years in AA, that there are some folks who manage to rack up a whole bunch of years, while at the same time neglecting to rack up those one day at a times. My dear Ms. Mule, you've racked it all up. Your fellow trudgers salute you.

I like to gently tease some of the newer folks when they collect their "milestone" chips. I will give them my congratulations and ask "Do you know what comes right after you get six months (or 3 or 9 or...)? They usually will say "No" or simply give me a puzzled look. To which I respond, "Six months, and one day."

Tomorrow, when Ms. Mule gets twentynine years, and one day, I imagine that it will be much the same as today.

Still, congratulations and expressions of love and respect are well in order. Strike up the band, cut the cake, and celebrate, because a victory for one is a victory for all.

3B's

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

congrats, Ms. Mule!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations indeed!

12:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing. I really mean that.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Missouri Mule said...

Thank you. I hope I never forget to be grateful.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home