Friday, January 04, 2008

Random Ten

I was completely ignoring Iowa, despite its being the setting for one of my favorite musical comedies. I'm glad Obama won, I'm glad that Edwards showed some true spirit. He made a concession speech that didn't concede jackshit. I'm glad Hillary isn't going anywhere. Fight on folks.

Huckabee is a representation of the worst our nation has to offer. To not believe in evolution and other scientific facts requires agressive ignorance. It takes energy to remain unconvinced or uninformed. Also, anyone who has read the book of revealations and buys that stuff is disqualified from holding high office to my thinking. Mitt Romney is a phony douche. I don't like him because of his shameless pandering. Hell, his Mormon faith might be the only decent thing about him.

Anyway, I'm still puttering around the house, settling in more. Truffle production should resume momentarily.

Until then, hit random and enjoy the music - - -

Backwater Blues - - - Bessie Smith (the Empress of the Blues)
Lovin' Man Blues - - - Lillie May and the House Rockers
Stew Meat Blues - - - Lucille Bogan
Las Gaviatas - - - Flaco Jimenez
Duena Di Mi Corazon - - - Micheal Salgado
Lo Que Mas Duele - - - Los Hurricanos Del Norte
The Water is Wide - - - Joan Baez (live bootleg, me on the brass string harp)
Fate of a Fool - - - JJ Cale
Sucker Row - - - Mark Knopfler
Lie To Me - - - Chris Isaak (live bootleg from Vegas*)

Bonus

Sugar, Sugar - - - Sinead O'Connor (reggae version of this classic that kicks ass)


*thanks Billy, next time I'm in Vegas you get dinner on me for this gem

6 Comments:

Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

love those blues.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

[Huckabee shows] "aggressive ignorance. It takes energy to remain unconvinced or uninformed."

A well-voiced analysis.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

love the description of Romney

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aggressive ignorance ...keystone of the right..and damned proud of it apparently..:)
knopfler is god

6:19 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

As a Massachusetts resident who saw Romney's act as governor for two years (he spent the other two years of his term in Iowa and NH), I can assure you that you haven't seen the worst of this opportunistic poseur yet.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Camera Obscura said...

I was completely ignoring Iowa, despite its being the setting for one of my favorite musical comedies.

Mathew Broderick and Kristin Chenoweth phoned it in. If you've managed to avoid the 2003 TV movie so far, keep it up.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home