Monday, December 24, 2007

Comfort Ye, My People



Text

Comfort ye,
comfort ye My people,
saith your God;
speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem;
and cry unto her,
that her warfare is accomplished,
that her iniquity is pardoned.

The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness:
-Prepare ye the way of the Lord:
make straight in the desert
a highway for our God.

Every valley shall be exalted,
and every mountain and hill made low,
the crooked straight and the rough places plain.




The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light;
and they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death,
upon them hath the light shined.



For unto us a Child is born,
unto us a Son is given,
and the government shall be upon His shoulder;
and His name shall be called
Wonderful,
Counsellor,
The Mighty God,
The Everlasting Father,
The Prince of Peace.


All my best wishes of the season go to you and all you whom you love.

3B's

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

right back at'cha big feller. Keep pounding out them truffles. I have never had one but the way everyone is carrying on here on this blog it seems like you will have a big hit on your hands.

Also, good luck with the blues and the teeth thing. That is important. Getting healed is not always a bed of roses. Gunshot wounds are not pretty things.

yo soy Horsedooty!

3:35 PM  
Blogger Deborah Newell said...

Merry Christmas and warm wishes for much joy in the Minstrel household over the holiday. Children are the reason for the season, in my opinion; in fact, they are pretty much the reason for an awful lot of what I do, including, at times, the act of forcing myself to climb out from under the covers and face the world. Without children, I fear, I probably wouldn't even be here, so let's hear it for the boys. :-)

I send big hugs and kisses to my chocolate-obsessed friend in the desert this Christmas.

XXX
D.

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the links, MB! Kishmesh jooni!

7:59 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

MB,

Of course, Merry Christmas, friend.

Per the last sentiments of this post, I can just hear the faint echoes now: "Aw, schucks, just call me 'George'. . ."

9:26 PM  
Blogger somewaterytart said...

Happy Christmas, MB.

My post code is ypycou, which I think is "peace on earth, good will towards men" in Apache. Right?

10:03 AM  
Blogger FriĆ°vin said...

Happy festivities MB. A week from today is 2008... can you believe that shit?

Election year at last!!!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

i send a smile and hopeful wishes.

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kishmesh jooni!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Brave Sir Robin said...

MB -

The best of all this season is supposed to represent is my wish for you.

Stay strong my friend. Your wisdom has inspired me this year.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Rez Dog said...

Thanks for the music and thought. Today and all the days before. Best wishes for all your endeavors and those you love.

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Dark Wraith wishes you, Minstrel Boy, a good and joyous Christmas.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home