Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Announcement In Truffle Contest

Sherry and some of the others have mentioned my haattaallii friend Silas, in the truffle contest comments. I originally intended this to be a response comment but right as I was finishing it I realized that there needed to be an announcement at the end of a prize award. No, don't worry, nobody's lost anything yet. It's just that among the comments was one by a new reader, Krista, who was talking about the care-givers for her son. Anyway, Krista ends up winning in her very own category.

Everything else is up for grabs.

silas is one of my favorite people to give truffles. the first delight is the way he eats them. very slowly, savoring each little bite. he studies them before he bites because he wants to get a perfect mouth mix of ganache and shell. he really involves himself in the whole process. what he does next is fun too. because the trailer he lives in has no electricity there food cooling is only done by a root cellar and the occaisional ice chest. when folks bring him game meat it's always in an ice chest, which he never returns. there is a veritable mountain of them out back of his trailer. since he knows that the truffles are perishable he will take his box of a dozen around to different folks. he'll hold out the box and say "look what the singing snake gave to me. let's share one." he'll do that until they are gone and then go home a very happy man.

in that spirit i would like to announce that Krista has gotten her own little side prize. she's already ordered a box of eight. that order is now doubled. and the shipping's on me. congratulations krista!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

how wonderful! this gave me a big smile and a light heart.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was so beautiful.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

You are a sweetheart.

12:07 PM  
Blogger FriĆ°vin said...

You are a sweet soul.

singing snake.

beautiful.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Krista Long said...

I turned red- thank you so very much! I would take pictures of them enjoying the treats, but that is frowned on by the agency in the name of HIPPA.

I will take pictures of the pretty boxes I will put them in. :)

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home