Saturday, December 15, 2007

End of Production Day One

My ambition to roll the entire 32 dozen dark chocolate flavors was not to be. I keep forgetting that I'm not the toughest nut in the bag anymore. I gave in at around 20 dozen and took my mother and April out to Camacho's for dinner.

Once I get this new camera figured out I'll do a photo essay on the place. Camacho's place is a little restaurant that sits on a ditch bank, across a field from a feed lot. Out in the middle of nowhere. The food is legendary. When they come here to do their winter training the Blue Angels always are found at one of their tables. They bring the little plane models and wave them around as they talk about the day's flying. When they had their last change of command the team flew down to Camacho's from Pensacola, loaded up bags of food for the entire crew and their guests and flew back.

Tomorrow I'll roll the last 12 dozen. Then I can start dipping on Monday along with making the white chocolate flavors.

And that's the news from down south.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

i can't wait for the photos!

6:41 AM  
Blogger Missouri Mule said...

Camacho's, eh?

Camacho's is going on the list. I'm on a No Carb Left Behind diet.

8:53 AM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

they do a thing called a "special quesadilla" which is layers of jack and queso fresco wrapped in an uncooked tortilla which is then deep fried (in lard, that keeps it from getting all greasy and shit).

what results is a puffy, flaky, golden brown tortilla that's filled with melted cheese. oh. my. gawd.

must be experienced to be understood.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Marc said...

I just have to try it! Would you post or email the directions to Comacho's (I'm in Glendale)?

((underscores are part of the addy)):

(marc_d_long *at* hotmail *dot* com)

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home