Friday, September 14, 2007

Friday Random Ten

I'm also working on posting the recipe I use for crystalized ginger. . .it ain't nothing like the stuff you buy in a store. It has bite, but I've worked off my head with this for so long that I'm having to make a batch and write down my proportions and ingredients. . .Not bad duty come to think of it.

I'll See You In My Dreams - - Merle Travis
When It's Peach Pickin' Time - - - Chet Atkins
Garden State Stomp - - - Dave Van Ronk
Portland Town - - - Marianne Faithful
Soulful Shade Of Blue - - - Buffy Sainte-Marie (egad I loves me some Buffy)
Girl of The North Country - - - Leo Kottke
Fiesta - - - The Pogues
Captain Kidd - - Great Big Sea
If I Ever Leave This World Alive - - - Flogging Molly (love you lads)
Big River - - - Johnny Cash


Bonus Track

Lo Siento Mi Vida - - - Linda Ronstadt (my beautiful homegirl)

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

i remember years ago seeing buffy on a show talking about her son. if i remeber right she named him dakota starblanket moonchild. i hope i am remembering it right because the name took my breath away.

2:42 PM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

buffy's a beautiful talent and a completely original voice. one of the finest political songs written during vietnam was "universal soldier" which took a global political problem and made it personal.

i dearly love her.

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home