Saturday, September 01, 2007

Susie Bright Injects a Note of Sanity

And why the hell not? A little sanity would be nice here. I've had a lot of fun being snarky and snide about Senator Craig's self destruction. Still, I didn't think the penalties for his action should have progessed much farther than finger pointing and sniggering.

While the republicans are circling their wagons (talk about a circle of jerks) My hero, Susie Bright is going all academic on this.

Instead of waxing all poetic about the sin and immorality of bathroom sex, Susie goes Kinsey. Why not find out about how people actually behave? Instead of a blanket condemnation, why not find out where we are on this?

Great idea Susie. Here's the link for the survey

Added bonus: Susie Goes First in the comments.

3B's

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My answer to all but her first questions is "No." The answer to the first question is "Male."

It's not that I have never cruised for gay sex in public (I have, far more than once), but t-room sex is a serious turn off for me.

I don't by any means automatically condemn, but that scene seriously does not float my boat.

- oddjob

2:33 PM  
Blogger Deborah Newell said...

Female and straight; once (a long, long time ago!) in a gas station bathroom with my then-boyfriend while rather terribly drunk; plenty of Good Times with the husband in our own darned bathroom (nice roomy shower!); no particular fantasies involving public bathroom sex (eeeuw) but no judgment of those who groove on it, only a heartfelt reminder to please use protection.

7:38 AM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

only a heartfelt reminder to please use protection.


word. my kids can all do dead clever impersonations of "the dad talk" where they mimic my speech and mannerisms while saying things like"

no helmet? don't play football.
no parachute? no jumpie out the plane.
no raincoat? don't play in the rain.


protection is every sexually activer person's responsibility, to themselves and to their partners.

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WORD!

- oddjob (who hasn't cruised in some years now, but when he did ALWAYS made it a point to assume without asking that anyone he hooked up with was HIV+, and so behaved accordingly)

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home