Friday, August 24, 2007

Friday Random Ten (courtesy of Pandora)

I'm parked in the RV/horsetrailer outside my cousin's, poaching wireless internet access off of somewhere.

He is recovering nicely from his ceremony. Silas and some other healers are with him and he is well cared for. I am sitting outside, looking at the mountains and listening to my Pandora station.

These are the first songs that bubbled up. This is a pretty cool service, you can tweak and fine tune the selections to where what is played suits you well.

Cigarettes and Perfume - - - Refrigerator
Your Thunder and Your Lightning - - - Lee Hazelwood (the original space cowboy)
Cinco de Mayo in Memphis - - - Guy Clark
Movin' On - - - Steve Earle
Young Pilgrims - - - The Shins
In the Colosseum - - - Tom Waits
Sheila - - - Morphine
Structuring Neccessity - - - Songs: Ohia
Say a Little Prayer - - - Greg Brown
Kids These Days - - - Tom Rush


Bonus 11th

Pancho and Lefty - - - Townes Van Zandt (damn I miss ya hoss)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a favorite Townes story, told to me by Bob Franke, a fine songwriter himself. It seems that Bob and Townes were on a panel of judges at a songwriting contest. They were seated next to each other at a table with a list of the contestants in front of each of them. When the first contestant began his song, Townes wrote the number 232 next to the name. When the next contestant came out, Townes wrote the number 45 next to that name. The third contestant earned the number 1767.

Curious, Bob leaned over and said, "Townes, what's your scoring system there?"

Townes replied in his inimitable way, "I figure that how many songs they need to write before they get a good one."

We miss him here in Austin, too.

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toast of TwoGlasses put me on to Pandora. I agree with you about what it does! I don't often listen, but when I am in the mood it is seriously cool to have a virtual DJ put together a play list for me!

- oddjob (who regrets missing you this past week - the tiny snippet of Tucson that I saw was seriously cool what with it being in bloom & all!)

8:36 PM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

I am so out of it. Never heard of a single one of those songs. Now where the hell did I put my life?

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home