Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Writers Vote Back To Work (i decide to be a slacker)

The WGA appears to have gotten a very satisfactory deal. They were more concerned with no allowing any rollbacks than gaining any ground, and they got that. Plus some extras. They got past a group of producers who were intent on breaking the union, they held together.

Bravo Writers!

The next question I get asked is "Does this mean you'll be back in the jingle stroll?" Probably not. While observing me making this last batch of truffles, my mother, and my friend April both commented that they were seeing me operate with a passion and a joy that is mostly missing from my music. It felt good. It felt right. I will probably still keep my hand in by playing with my folk/blues gig. But, the main focus for the next year or so will be finishing up my health stuff. There's still some major work to be done on the hip, knee, and feet. Beyond that, I will be a truffle maker.

It feels good. I'm liking it.

3B's

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Happiness for almost everyone!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

oh i am glad you have found a happy path.

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever happened to that musical - video - internet gig you and a friend had contemplated? That scratched or on hold?

You're a lucky man that is in a position to do something that pleases you.

6:42 PM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

that's the blues/folk gig. we are currently working at ironing the kinks out of our technical end. there's a kid from UC La Jolla who is a techwizard who is working on the system for us in exchange for some lessons.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Maheanuu Tane said...

I wanna to the photo shoot of your first CD liner...

No Charge, you furnish the tent, I'll have the sleepin bag and all the photo shit.. I will make time for that gig, you can take that to the bank...

Just this ole chief's 2ยข

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it's great that you are doing (and can make money from)something you love. And it's nice that you always have options if you choose to go back to jingle writing on your terms. Always have a Plan B, that's my motto...

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The truffles arrived today. Seventh Sister and Konagod met surreptitiously in a parking lot in SW Austin and the deal went down.

My lord, MB, the most effusive and enthusiastic praise falls far short of the experience of these truffles! There simply are not enough exclamation points.

So good they broke my mouth!

Thank you!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm in a chocolate stupor.

will comment when it wears off.

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home