Sunday, February 10, 2008

Rolling With My Homies

Today is truffle rolling day. Made even more exquisite by the unannounced arrival of the lovely April late last night. One of the best improvements in my life the move to California has brought me is that April is now free to just show up. The downside is that her cell phone goes off and sometimes she has to leave. It didn't happen last night.

We have four large batches of ganache chilled and set to be rolled. There should be about four dozen truffles from each. For those who have forgotten while I dithered and slacked off, the flavors for the Valentine's batch are

Crystallized Ginger
Bittersweet (nothing but chocolate, my personal favorite)
Mexican Spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger - seductive and sensual)
Raspberry

I will keep you apprised. Shipping could be as early as Tuesday.


UPDATE

The truffles are rolled and setting in the refrigerator. Dipping will commmence tomorrow. I am negotiating for my niece to be here to help with photos.

3B's

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

hooray, pictures.

7:07 PM  
Blogger trog69 said...

At the DW site, Zipperhead left a link of a video showing a dog licking the screen; MB's pictures from the last session is what they'd use to get me to do as the doggie did!

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home