Monday, February 11, 2008

Live Truffle Blogging: Jenna's Crystallized Ginger

These are the truffles that take the longest to make. The first part is to spend the five days it takes to crystalize the ginger. Store bought stuff is pale and tame compared to the home made version.



After that, it is merely a case of adding in little, tiny, chunks of diced crystallized ginger to the ganache. Then dip and decorate. Normally I use a dusting of yellow sugar crystals in the decorations but when I went looking for them they were not to be found. So, we have to make do with simple yellow stripes.



The flavors are delicious. I'm a huge chocolate purist, my favorite truffle is the one that is chocolate and nothing else. I make an exception for these. They are superb.

3beez

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

i think they are pretty but i like the thought of pure chocolate, with the mexican spice ones a close second.

the pictures are just mouth watering!

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, but in the case of this flavor obviously one must enjoy ginger (so not the case with me).........

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home