Friday, February 16, 2007

Friday's Random Ten (on the road edition)

in case anyone might have been concerned about the gloomy nature of my postings lately all i can say is that before i posted the second emmylou i had just found out that by the time my daughter arrives from tucson and medschool for the long weekend, i will be long gone, again.

it's another symptom of that backwards loaded life i was noticing. my kids are all growing into the self-assured, talented, and independant adults i wanted them to be and when i finally slow down the being gone part of my life, it's time for them to leave.

ah, well, just an old guitar slinger arguing with "is" again. one of the gigs i have lined up over the weekend is a small (4 piece) combo that will be playing in a luxury suite at the arena right before the game. i don't have it all that tough.


Goodnight Irene - - Leadbelly
Sailor's Grave on the Prarie - - Leo Kottke
Jordan Am a Hard Road - - Merle Travis
Muddy Water - - Bessie Smith
Someday Soon - - Ian Tyson
Come Together - - The Beatles
Foggy Dew - - Sinnead O'Connor (with The Chieftains)
Angel From Montgomery - - John Prine
Bang On The Drum All Day - - Todd Rundgren
Back on the Chain Gang - - Pretenders

Bonus

Keep Your Lamp Trimmed and Burning - - The Reverend Gary Davis

what's on ya'll's playlist today?

5 Comments:

Blogger Pogo said...

MB, best of times in Vegas. One of the regrets of my life is that Emmylou got the hell out of Birmingham before I got a chance to meet her. I absolutely fell in love with her in the late 70's and will always pine for her.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Missouri Mule said...

Stay in the moment and it will be fine, papa bear. They know they have your love and support and prolly think you hung the moom!

I hate to tell you this, but it doesn't end with the youg'ens. Then there are GRANDCHILDREN!LOL :)


Have soom fun dahlin'!

4:47 PM  
Blogger JS said...

I just want to say I enjoy lurking...and your posts and your visitors' comments are uplifting when my days are grey. Thanks, MB.

9:44 PM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

one of the cliches that i totally buy into (i have two grand kids that i spoil gleefully) is the old one about

if i had known how much fun the grandkids were i would have had them first

10:36 AM  
Blogger Missouri Mule said...

Amen, my brother, amen. I love my chit'lens but I worship my grandchildren!

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home