Thursday, February 15, 2007

Because One Good Emmylou Deserves Another



and because tomorrow morning I have to have my monkey suit and my happy face on to go to Vegas and make filthy lucre over the NBA All-Star weekend.

the whole time, this is where my head's going to be. i was talking to the God of All Ropers today and was telling him that my life feels backwards loaded sometimes. everybody else's holidays, parties, and celebrations are my days at the office. when i have a good chunk of time off, i don't want to go anywhere. i want a chance to stay home more than anything in the world.

being an old rodeo scuff himself he said "You don't see me going nowhere much, do ya?"

"I reckon not." I said.

(out west, that counts as a long talk)

laconicly crossposted at 3B's

5 Comments:

Blogger pissed off patricia said...

God, my mind must be completely gone. I read monkey suit and thought you were going to be wearing a monkey costume. Jeez

Most of the time I would rather be home more than anywhere else. My home life as a kid sucked. So now that I have a peaceful home, I enjoy every moment of it.

Hey, have a fun weekend!

6:27 AM  
Blogger Rez Dog said...

And the McGarrigles, too! Sublime.

8:41 AM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

my daughters especially are always gigging me about dressing like a farm hand (and not a very well paid one at that). i have a closet full of work clothes by dior and versace that unless i am on stage just hang there in favor of the jeans (mostly ripped out) and ratty shirts which are perfect for knocking around the barn and the truck patch.

yeah, i'm lovin' me some mcgarricle sisters. they are treasures.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm one of those people who looks especially good in a tuxedo, but I've only ever worn one when singing. I haven't sung since moving to Boston, but when I lived with my parents I sang in the local classical chorus (which was a damn good group as such things go). Despite the fact that I honestly enjoy putting on the dog, I grew weary of the monkey suit (& that's what I called it, too).

- oddjob

ps: Waiters are another group of people who work while everyone else is having a holiday/good time.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Did you say something? I'm just listening. I got to see Emmylou with Mark Knopfler in Boston last summer. She sure looks and sounds fine.

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home