Monday, February 12, 2007

I Got Your Mistake Right Here Mrs. Clinton

Hillary Clinton is trapped by her own position on the war in Iraq right now. She's trying to parse and shift the blame for her votes to allow war powers to the President. I ain't buying it.

She was a junior Senator, but a Senator. When the President came asking for his authorization to go to war, she let it happen. She didn't insist on debate, she didn't question the intelligence that was brought forward, she didn't ask where the money was coming from, she didn't do a goddamned thing but go the fuck along with it. Why? I think she was trying to preserve or form an image suitable for the run for President that she's making right now. What she doesn't get is that she blew it right there. She was a Senator. Absent 60 votes for cloture the Senate could have tied the resolution up and not allowed the war to begin. They were told there was an immediate threat and they took the word of a proven liar at face value rather than ask for definitive proofs. They bought that whole "if you could have seen the evidence that I've seen" they didn't want to be accused of being "soft on terrorism" they were concerned more with their own politcal viablity in future elections than they were with whether or not there was really a reason to go to war. They sat there and let it happen.

You made your Mistake Senator Clinton when you didn't insist on hearings. You Made your Mistake Senator Clinton when you abrogated the oversight duty of the Congress as the war lurched and sputtered on.

You made your Mistake Senator Clinton, and our children died, were shot and blown to bits, and are dying right now. You made your Mistake. Whether you admit it in those words or not.

You failed us in your duty. Our children are dying, and you can't even organize a meaningless non-fucking binding resolution.

Do the job you have now before you ask me to support your promotion.

3B's

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ain't buying it either MB. As much as I would love to see a woman president, Hillary Clinton will not get my support unless she renounces her vote on the war. Which, I think it is quite clear, she will not do. Thanks for another great post.

4:00 PM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

the fact that people have been paying the price in blood while they played their stupid political games disgusts me beyond words.

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She needs to remember that piling more BS on top of the original pile only makes the stink stronger.

- oddjob

11:01 PM  
Blogger andi said...

And that is the main reason why I'm not remotely comfortably with the idea of Hil as president. It has always seemed to me that her motives for gaining the presidency are more than a little suspect and possibly more neurotic than not.

no matter how much you might want to help the country, setting aside whatever values you might have to help the country later (i.e., be president) does not sit well with me.

the ends still don't justify the means. not in my book, anyway. for what it's worth.

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Until she is woman enough to say "I was wrong, and I made a mistake", she will never get my vote. I don't see it happening. Not ever. She has always (even in her role as First Lady) struck me as a politician first, and a thinking human second.

And I am tired as hell of the "women have to support other women" argument. It just doesn't cut it anymore.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Damn, you write clear-headed when you're pissed.

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home