Friday, February 09, 2007

Suns vs. Hawks Tonight

If it wasn't for the fact that I'm meeting Sharon at the arena this is a game I would normally pass on. I would tell my son, or the Pool Girls that the tix are up for grabs and see if there's a better game on League Pass. Which, by the way, for a basketball fan, is a great thing. Most of the feeds they have are lightly censored, if at all. So far, my favorite League Pass moment this year was from a Nuggets game. Alan Iverson was standing near Dick Bavetta when Carmello got face raked and gave up the ball. Alan asked the ref "Did you see that shit?" Bavetta in his best early Alzhiemer's delivery said "What?" Whereupon Iverson said "Then what you lookin' at?"

On the advice of many of you, and the advice of my daughter Medskoolgirl, I am keeping a very open mind on where things might go from here. In a way, I'm kind of glad that the game isn't going to be all that fantastic. That way I won't get grouchy if she keeps putting up distractions.

The main thing is that this will be the fifth gorgeous young woman I've shown up to a game with this year. Never mind that two of them were my totally committed couple gay Pool Girls, and the other two were my daughter and her roomie from Medskool. What the other folks in my section don't know will only enhance my reputation as a Dude.

5 Comments:

Blogger Marc said...

Minstrel Boy,

As you know, street cred is the best cred to have....

6:26 PM  
Blogger J. Goff said...

Hope you have an excellent night, S. 8^)

6:59 PM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

there was not only street cred that was enhanced last night, my court cred got a huge boost. more to follow (no kissing, no telling, but even with the suns losing it was a great night)

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was gonna ask but was not sure if I should after losing and all.

yo soy Horsedooty!

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But of course, you are The Dude ...

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home