Saturday, July 22, 2017

New Day, New Digs

Here's the view from right outside the door. I love being able to see the mountains. Being that close to them also means that our city water is coming off that huge aquifer sitting right underneath all that rock. It is wonderful. No need for bottled or imports.
As you can see, the kitchen is still a work in progress. I'm doing a box, resting, chugging water, lather, rinse, repeat. Today is about getting my energy reserves back. Help is coming tomorrow.

Ok, it's been so long since I've used the blogger platform that I have totally forgotten how to rotate a picture. That's my plastic shelf unit, partially filled with cooking tools and stuff. I'll get better organized as I continue to unpack. Getting everything out of the boxes is the first order of business.
Big, cushy, recliner. Perfect thing for aching knees and back.
TV, National Steel Body Guitar, fan on a stand (a good desert trick for keeping your power bills low is to have the thermostat on the AC set high, then make sure you have a fan to move the air. Right now I'm set for 78, the fan makes that very comfortable)
Bathroom. It's not big, but when you live alone, not big can be a very good thing.
Bed and desk setup. I haven't dealt with making the bed or anything like that yet.
The couch is serving quite nicely.

I have a picture I took of the closet area, but it's piled up with clothes and stuff like that. I used a bunch of my clothes for padding in the boxes of dishes, and I haven't stocked up on laundry supplies. Just imagine a big, chaotic mess and you have the picture.

I'm heading to the pool for a quick dip.



5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like you're getting settled in.

12:42 PM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

Slow but steady. some folks are coming over tomorrow, one friend is bringing teenagers. i'm done busting my ass on this. i'm doing what i can, as i feel like it.

12:55 PM  
Blogger splord said...

Looking good, MB! Glad to see your new digs via your old 'digs'. :)

1:17 PM  
Blogger FriĆ°vin said...

I haven't been on blogger in so long I was looking around for the "like" button. Oh shit! You actually have to compose words here. Wow. Brilliant.

A good view of a mountain is pure magic. That is one of the major downsides when I think about living in a flat area.

1:39 PM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

yeah. i'm only a few miles away from the big horn sheep reserve. you drive right through it on the way up the back way to temecula. mountains make a difference to my soul. so does the ocean, but in the absence of ocean, mountains feed the same spirit.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home