Wednesday, July 19, 2017

ok, it's official. i'm going to get back into the blogging game. there are a number of reasons for this, chief among them is that i want to keep a check on myself and not slide into indolence.

my pension is nice, around 2.5K a month, my health insurance and dental in completely covered with small copays, but a few extra dollars i could make from truffles takes me from being able to just get by into being pretty damn comfortable. i like comfortable.

time as a performer has given me a respect and desire to please an audience with my work. where i'm likely to let myself down, i'm not likely to let an audience down.

first things first though. i gotta get this move done. i have my trusty digital camera, i'm an idiot with the cell phone and unless i can find a handy teenager to try to explain how to do something, and then get frustrated with my lack of tech skills and inability to type with my thumbs to grab it out of my hands and just do it i go with my little olympus digital and can review the pics and do any editing or enhancements on the gimp program that i like better than photoshop.

like the great dr. hunter s. thompson said:

"Buy the ticket. Take the ride."

13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm excited about your return to blogging.

4:48 PM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

me too.

5:02 PM  
Blogger JerseyCynic said...

Yay! throw away the smart phone. I just did! going back to land line answering machine and an iPad (great camera) with a small data plan (costs less that mobile phone plan)

besides - you need to save your thumbs for making those truffles

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Constant Comment said...

Glad to see you back...looking forward to future musings.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Evan Robinson said...

The Minstrel Boy to the wars returns
if you search for blogs you will find him

His digital sword he hath girded on
and his truffles are slung behind him

"Blog of Song!" cried the warrior chef
Tho' all the world betrays thee,
One cook who answers not to 'Steph',
One choc'late harp shall praise thee!"

6:16 PM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

that's beautiful evan. i'll have to find somebody who knows how to do videos and play it on the brass harp.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Evan Robinson said...

Glad you like it.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Deborah Newell said...

Glad you're back MB! XXX D.

1:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Steve, never let yourself down with your playing. Always keep at it, and from a friend that told me, "always play from the soul." I like my cell phone, which I've had for a couple of years now, but I can't text as fast as many of my other friends. Apparently my fingers are too big for the letters that I press on my phone, and most of the time, I hit the wrong letter. I'm sure that you'll find a way to use your cell phone more proficiently as you have done now.

12:03 AM  
Blogger FriĆ°vin said...

I wish more people would get back to blogging, myself included. I'm been making veiled threats to do so.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Margot said...

Yes. It is time. I'm sick of the behemoths owning our output and fouling our feeds with dross. I'm steeling myself to resurrect Maggie's Metawatershed.

Thank you Minstrel Boy for leading the way... Who will Konagod regenerate as?

2:23 AM  
Blogger KaliTa said...

I'm so happy. You're back!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

I've got a new one cooking too -- "Triangle Transplant". Life, politics, musings, pop culture, personal history, grief, and baseball.

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home