Friday, June 27, 2008

Cantelope Ice Cream, Freezing

Use the standard, layer in the ice, shake liberally with rock salt, layer in the ice, shake liberally with rock salt method to begin the freezing. After about a half an hour you should hear the freezer beginning to slow as the ice cream inside stiffens.



As you can see, there are traces and creases left in the ice cream by the dasher, that means it's time to get the puree pulp that you reserved (chekov's gun is about to go off). Carefully wipe down the lid and top of the container to avoid any contamination by the salt and ice, remove the top and add in the reserved pulp.

Recap, and resume the freezing process until the ice cream is frozen through at the soft stage. Remove the container from the freezer and give it another quick wipe down. Take off the lid and remove the dasher.



Transfer the ice cream to appropriate freezer safe containers and freeze to set at least two more hours.


Now, serve, and enjoy.

A lot of folks have been dissing the "unity" thing between Clinton and Obama. Some of it is wickedly brilliant, like when Melissa McEwan talks about them "riding into Unity on their matching Unity Ponies. . ."

Thing is, I find myself believing that this is more than a bit sincere on Senator Clinton's part. Especially when I was working hard in the jingle game the competition was brutal, vicious and ruthless. That's how it was, there was a lot of money on the table and not a lot of time to make sure you got yourself a seat and had your long handled fork at the ready. More than once I found myself in competition with people that I liked. Most of the time, we all understood the game well enough to know that all of us would do what ever we needed to do in order to nail down the gigs we wanted. On more than one occaision I explained myself or had somebody else explain themself to me with the words "It's show business, not show friends. In the vast majority of those times as soon as the competition part of the thing was over, it was over, done, finito. Then it was time to move on, go out for tacos from the pushcart across the lot from the studio and quit being musicians and act like real human beings who possess stuff like feelings and consciences.

I imagine that politics is much the same. By the time the campaign rolls to a close I would expect that the politicians feel the same way. Who else in the world is in a position to understand what you have just been through than someone who was in the middle of it all right there with you?

I can understand how if you lose to a dickhead like George W. Bush by way of stolen Ohio votes or a Supreme Court Ruling from a court that was packed by that bastard's daddy there might be some residual hard feelings. In this case though the choice was clear. Obama won close, but he won, now it's time for Senator Clinton to make sure that we all have a friend in the White House. Good for her sez I.

3B's

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I imagine that politics is much the same.

I'm just about certain it is so, and I strongly suspect SCOTUS jurisprudence is that way, too. More than once I've read that Scalia and Ginsburg are good friends.

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a big part of why I'm certain I would make a crappy trial attorney. Not only do I not think quickly on my feet, but I take it all personally and become enraged rather easily. I also would be a crappy debater. I can do written arguments pretty well, but verbal ones? LOL!

To me it definitely looks as though all of that realm suits best a personality that is alien to me.

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happens to the ice cream if it's contaminated by ice or salt traces?

8:01 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Maestro, your melon ice cream is a beautiful production. The color alone makes me happy.

I can see a shop serving your gelato, truffles and coffee as being a bit of nirvana.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

i'm happy to see that they are uniting for the good of this country and the rest of the world.

i admire her, but i just chose obama. hopefully a lot of people can get over the name calling and the back biting. there are some people's comments tho that i can't get over.

that's just me. i used to try to please everyone and to not make waves. i still do most times, but at 56 i've decided that i do know some things from experience and i am done with trying to explain myself to people not willing to listen to why i hold some beliefs.

all i know for sure is,

we can not make it thru 4 more years of the same. we just can't.

the ice cream looks more than tasty, it's pretty.

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An epicure as you obviously are make life more bearable for many.

Thanks.

9:56 AM  
Blogger The Littlest Gator said...

have you ever tried the ice cream ball things... roll them around and presto change-oh I am skeptical.

your cantaloupe gorgeousness looks soooooo tempting and contrary to popular belief, gators like ice cream.

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home