Friday, October 26, 2007

Friday Random Ten (waiting on the van edition)

Everything's packed. The instruments were sent FedEx yesterday. I'm waiting for SuperShuttle to take my mostly luggageless ass to Sky Harbor. I promise to behave, don't want to end up shackled and strangled by TSA. I will watch my mouth. I'm not even carrying my copy of the "Sutras of Abu Grhaib" because I don't want the attention. Instead my airport defense book is a paperback edition of "The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay" (which was one of those rare instances of a book being as good as the buzz)

iPod is loaded and running on random. Without explanation or apology here are the last ten.

Before the Deluge - - - Jackson Browne
Here We Are In The Years - - - Neil Young
The Croppy Boy - - - The Clancy Brothers
One Too Many Mornings - - - Bob Dylan (live at the Cellar)
Louisana Man - - - Johnny Cash
My Bonny Boy - - - Liam Clancy
Voodoo Chile (slight return) - - - Jimi
21st Century Schizoid Man - - - King Crimson
Jerk Off - - - Tool
Natty Dread - - - Bob Marley


Bonus

The Riddle Song - - - Doc Watson

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved "The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay." If it weren't for my book group, I never would have picked this up, if left to my own devices. That's the benefit of being in a book group, I say! Happy travels...

9:22 AM  
Blogger Brave Sir Robin said...

Here's wishing you a safe and happy trip.

You've never steered me wrong, so I guess that's another book I need to go pick up.

Good Journey my friend.

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*cough cough* Sky Harbor? *cough*

11:09 AM  
Blogger Rez Dog said...

Safe travels, MB

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Before the Deluge is a great song. Performed it many times and it's always fun to get the audience singing on the chorus.

Have a good gig.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

be safe. enjoy.

2:25 PM  
Blogger FriĆ°vin said...

MB, I got the book yesterday! It was against the garage door when I got home last night, and of course I didn't see it because I was blind from excessive alcohol consumption on an empty stomach (which begs the question: why the fuck was I driving home?) but anyway, I found it this morning in the dark when I went out to get the paper.

I opened it up and read a few pages of the "Introduction/Foreward Thingy" and it made me laugh. I'm going to enjoy this!

4:55 PM  
Blogger jurassicpork said...

Have a safe trip, MB, and be careful about publicizing your choice of music. I've been taking a lot of hits, lately, for my love of death metal.

My critics can all suck my rosy red Irish cock, for all I care. I'll just keep posting Slipknot and Golden Earring videos until those asswipes finally go away for good.

Rock on, dude.

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My, aren't some of those random song hits pertinent to matters on the table?

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home