Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Cool Halloween Idea

My niece is down with home made Halloween costume stuff. Our little enclave of houses is also into making our own treats and since we all know each other it's not one of those danger things.

But the subject of the post is her costume idea. It's brilliant. She took a shipping box and painted it up to look like it was a box of Cheerios. Then she took a knife handle and made it look like the box was stabbed.

She proudly showed me. I said "But what is it dear?"

She looked at me like I was stupid (I get that look a lot from kids and girlfriends) and said,

"I'm a Cereal Killer."

I collapsed with laughter.


3B's

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oyyyyyyy...............

- oddjob

9:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great costume. It got me to thinking about these wild Haloween parties we used to have at New Braunfels. One of our 'clan' was teaching in the drama department at SWT and his students would all come. The coustumes were amazing. Some were very elaborate but the simpler ones were sometimes the most fun. A group dressed as the Adams Family. A girl wore a slip with shopping receipts pinned all over it and called herself a Freudian Slip. I dressed as a pregnant Miss Arkansaas one year because pregnancy and beauty contests were the two scariest things I could think of. Some of the costumes were too X-rated to even mention let alone describe.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

i like that!
last year i had an orange t-shirt with a comic vampire bat on it that said "bite me" and a big sort of mad hatter hat , black velvet with emroidered bats on it that twinkled from tiny battery operated lights here and there. wore the shirt over a long sleeve turtle neck and black jeans. at least i was comfy in the outfit.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

i am a big fan of the day/night.

3:06 PM  
Blogger BadTux said...

Cereal killer!

I must admit that I have much more respect for your niece's wit and scholarly outlook after that one. She sounds like a serious scholar of the works of the late Shel Silverstein.

Oh, that expression where she looks at you like you're stupid? I think they hand those out to girls at birth. See: this YouTube video as an example.

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home