Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Glimmers of Hope, Words of Comfort

As I look at the coming year, seeing how rabid and vicious the right wing of our nation is already when they attack children, soldiers, and anyone who disagrees with their warped and bizarre construction of reality I tend to just shrink back.

I tend to lean toward retreating behind my cactus fence and concentrating on nothing but living as nicely as I can from day to day.

I tend to wonder if any of this is worth the slimy and stinking fight they will present.

Then, I get an email from a friend who makes me promise to write before I give up.

I promise.

Then, the phone rings. There has been a baby born. Her name? Jooni (beauty in Apache) Harper (after me). She is 14 inches long and weighs seven and a half pounds. I'm going to go meet her this afternoon. I'm bringing presents for her mothers and for her. I promise to dote on her and spoil her shamelessly.


3B's

6 Comments:

Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

oh how wonderful. blessings oh her and her mom and to you and yours!

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely. Wonderful news, you!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Rez Dog said...

Best wishes to you all and hopes that we leave her a better world than the one we were born into.

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats to the pool girls! Where there is life there is hope.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

a baby picture. maybe? children are just the best!

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May she "walk in beauty"!

- oddjob

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home