Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Pre-Friday Random Ten

I'm knocking around the place, making my preparations so that when the funeral is over this afternoon, all I need to do is change clothes, put the horses in the trailer and light me a shuck out. Make an easy camp tonight, then, come first light tomorrow, off into the mountains.

I am taking only the essential electronics. GPS transponder (hey, I've looked for enough people out here that if I need to be found I want it to be a fucking lead pipe cinch). SAT phone (emergency use again). The iPod stays in the truck. For music and amusement I have packed some pennywhistles. Other than that, I am on a pretty low tech campout. Provisions are ample, but light and basic. Except, of course, for the water.

While I pack this is what's playing.

Money Changes Everything - - - Cyndi Lauper (live bootleg from Eurotour)
Death Letter - - - Son House
Louisana Man - - - Doug Kershaw
Geronimo's Cadillac - - - Michael Martin Murphey
The Tide is High - - - Desmond Decker
Someday Soon - - - Ian & Sylvia
Black Cat Moan - - - John Mayall
Track 7 - - - work stuff (since deleted)
In My Hour of Darkness - - - Emmylou Harris
Chicken Ain't Nuthin' - - - Cab Calloway

Bonus track

Preachin' Blues (up jumped the devil) - - - Robert Johnson

have a great few days folks. don't blow things all to hell while i'm gone please.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, MB.

Friday would have been my father's 66th and we had no funeral so Saturday is the memorial.

You're appropriately sad. Funny how that can be seen as something that must be "fixed."

Be well.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Deborah Newell said...

I wish you much serenity and many moments of insight during your journey. Be well, and for goodness' sake, don't pack any food with melamine in it!

I wish I could jump on a horse right now, actually. I'm not sure where I'd go, but I certainly have the urge to just gallop off toward the horizon , to head Someplace Else. It's a feeling I think most of us know all too well, but which few of us can indulge without leaving disaster in our wakes.

We'll hold down the fort; you have a lovely, calming, restorative time.

And Happy Birthday! (Robert's is tomorrow, so we'll toast you in absentia...if I can get him to stop working for five minutes, that is.)

XXX
D.

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, MB:
Wishing you a peaceful and restorative time away.
Later, Dude

CC

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feliz Compleanos amigo

yo soy Horsedooty!

3:58 PM  
Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

: )

6:17 PM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

I'll look after things for you until you return. Everyone will be searched before they come in the door. No one is going to blow anything up, but we might blow the roof off with the loud music.

5:31 AM  
Blogger J. Goff said...

Happy belated birthday, MB! Let's see if I can't scrounge up sumpthin...

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home