Friday, April 27, 2007

Friday Random Ten

Hit random twice, take the top ten tunes. . .


Get Up John - - - Emmylou Harris (Emmylou and Bill Monroe is country heaven)
If You Had Lived - - - Sweet Honey In The Rock
Mustang Sally - - - Wilson Pickett
Leaving Louisiana In The Broad Daylight - - - Oak Ridge Boys
Me and Julio - - - Paul Simon
Ripple - - - Grateful Dead
Since I Fell For You - - - Julie London (the greatest torch singer evah!)
John Law Burned Down the Liquor Store - - - Chris Thomas Clarke
Reggae Got Soul - - - Toots and the Maytalls
Mozart Horn Concerto in F #2 - - - Barry Tuckwell soloist, Academy of St. Martin in the Field conducted by Neville Mariner (and Tuckwell is playing a natural horn, no valves, just lips, hands, and exquisite technique)

Bonus Track:

Sing a Simple Song - - - Sly and the Family Stone

5 Comments:

Blogger Batocchio said...

I'm pretty sure I've heard that Mozart horn concerto, but that sounds like a cool recording! I'm less sure about the Sweet Honey in the Rock piece, but I've heard them live and they do great stuff.

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am listening to an internet radio station as I type and research called Radioio.com

can be free or subscriber based.

I like the country station.

lee\c

1:25 AM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

the whole key with classical music, since everything's already been done, is the performances. when i heard about tuckwell (who was already the premier horn player of the world) doing a mozart cycle on a natural horn (which was the instrument that mozart wrote for) i began to get excited. then when i heard that sir neville mariner was conducting i knew it was going to be something special. mariner was one of the finest interpreters of mozart the last century produced. his delicate touch did not inhibit the passion of mozart in the slightest.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Lokabrenna said...

Every time I've gone to karaoke, I've looked for "Since I Fell For You" - that is a dreamy song to sing.

(this is maurinsky, under Loki's sign-on)

6:18 PM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Oh my, the mention of Mustang Sally and the memories that brings up :)

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home