Monday, April 16, 2007

Since I Have No Better Ideas

I am totally bugged out emotionally. Our attorney general has been in rehearsals for over a week so that he can tell the truth. Iraq is a clusterfuck which is rapidly and violently getting worse by the minute. I'm tired of Imus. I'm tired of Anna Nicole's baby stuff.

A couple of friends maurinsky and konagod did this fifty question test thing so here goes. Without rehearsal, without rewrites, just straight through.

1. How tall are you barefoot? 5'8" (although I cheated a bit to make the minimum height requirement for my unit in the service, I cheated, I got in, I've owned it since)

2. Have you ever smoked heroin?
Yeah, but it started to really bother me wasting all that good dope each time I exhaled so I fully embraced my inner junkie and got down.

3. Do you own a gun? As a matter of fact I own several.

4. Who is your best friend? My dogs. I won't pick just one. People? My friend Thunderbyrd in California.

5. Do you get nervous before "meeting the parents"? Only when they're younger than me.

6. What music are you embarrassed to admit that you listen to?
I adore silly, meaningless bubblegum pop. I have stacks and stacks of 45's which I play from time to time.

7. What's your favourite Christmas song?
FairyTale of New York - - - The Pogues.

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
Black coffee.

9. Can you do push-ups?
Yes.

10. Why does one question always disappear?
That one's just stupid.

11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry?
I have an antique silver and turquoise squash blossom necklace. It's very understated but gorgeous. It was made by the Zuni.

12. Do you like painkillers?
I believe that there's no such thing as painkillers, there are only pain postponers. Sooner or later you gotta feel that shit.

13. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex?
Harp music and chocolate. Singly they are formidable, together they are devastating.

14. Do you own a knife?
Several. Kitchen, hunting, and other varieties.

15. Do you have A.D.D.?
No.

16. Middle Name?
Russell

17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment?
How much longer will this take? Why did I get started? What's the fucking point?

18. Name the last 3 things you have bought:
Eggs, gasoline, cigarettes.


19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink
Coffee, ice tea, fresh orange juice.

20. What time did you wake up today?
5:30 a.m. The dogs woke up first and needed to go outside. The horses heard the door and began to make noise.

22. Current worry?
What happened to question 21?

23. Current hate?
Vigilantes on the border who trash water stations.

24. Favourite place to be?
Right here.

25. Least favourite place to be?
Any big city.

26. Where would you like to go?
Nowhere.

27. Do you own slippers?
Yes.

28. What shirt are you wearing?
Beat up old t-shirt that says "I'm Only Wearing Black Until They Make Something Darker"

29. Do you burn or tan?
Tan

30. Favorite colour(s)?
Quiet colors.

31. Would you be a pirate?
Arrrr!

32. Last time you had an alcoholic drink?
April 24, 1991 on my way to rehab again.

33. What songs do you sing in the shower?
Depends on the company.

34. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child?
Missionaries.

35. What's in your pockets right now?
Nothing.

36. Last thing that made you laugh?
My niece.

37. Best bed sheets you had as a child?
yeah, right, like I paid attention to thread count back then.

38. Worst injury you've ever had?
Dropped a lung, lost a lot of blood and broke my hip in Viet Nam. It later infected and damn near killed me.

40. How many TVs do you have in your house?
2

41. Who is your loudest friend?
Don't like loud people, don't have any loud friends.

42. Who is your most silent friend?
My English Mastiff Butch. He's quietly huge and cool.

43. Does someone have a crush on you?
Don't know.

44. Do you wish on shooting stars?
No.

45. What is your favourite book?
That would take a whole post just by itself. I have an entire room of books.

46. What is your favorite candy?
Home made marshmallows

47. What song do you want played at your wedding?
No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

48. What song do you want played at your funeral?
What ever anybody else wants, I'll be past caring.

49. What were you doing at 12 AM last night?
Reading.

50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up this morning?
Let the dogs out.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

that is one of the cooler questionaires i've read.

mastiff, my cousin had one years ago. sweetie he was. brindle grey.

9:55 AM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

here's a post about butch with a picture

he's totally cool. my big ol' buddy.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

what a cutie!(i had a beagle named butch, when i was a teenager)

i have always had pets.
i miss my dogs that i had but the mother was too rough and with my grandaughter only turning 2 at the time and running we were afraid that she might be hurt accidentally or even if not hurt badly, become phobic about dogs and i would NEVER want that to happen. i love animals too much to perhaps deny her the joys of loving and trusting dogs. so we found them a good home together.
140 lbs between the 2 boxers was a lot of dog running and chasing.
but boy, i do miss them.
i've had all sorts of animals growing up and i can truthfully say that i've never been hurt by any animal. can't say that about human beings.
enjoy your animals and tell them i said hello.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Camera Obscura said...

Ach, you can always tell the memes that start on Livejournal. Thus the Qs about crushes, wedding songs, etc.

I think they wanted to know if you had any cool character sheets as a kid, not the thread count.

3:31 PM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

I got a shot and now I am immune from memes

Your answers were fun to read. My dad's birthday was April 24. He's been dead for years now but that date always pops out at me.

3:56 AM  
Blogger Rez Dog said...

Dog wrangling is always first on my day's list. Here, that includes hauling a canine butt up the steps.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was quite phobic about dogs when I was little. It wasn't until I was a teenager that I started meeting dogs who were easygoing and it wasn't until then that I learned how to interact in a good way with a dog. I've never owned one and don't really want to, but I usually enjoy others' dogs!

- oddjob (who also likes this survey, despite its length)

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home