Friday, December 22, 2006

Friday Random Ten

This is a fairly surprise "on the road" edition. I am driving to California to pick up my Mother and bring her back to Arizona for the holiday. This is my little gift to every other driver on the road this holiday season. Mom's not driving.


Sugar, Sugar - - - The Archies
When Love Comes to Town - - - B.B. King (live in Memphis)
Changes - - - David Bowie
Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone - - - Billie Holiday
Oh, Little Town of Bethlehem - - - Andy Williams
Since You've Been Gone - - - Aretha Franklin
Loser - - - Beck
Stars and Stripes Forever - - - Vladimir Horowitz
Mozart Horn Concerto in F, number 4 - - - Barry Tuckwell (playing a natural horn, no valves, just lips and incredible technique)
Hazy Shade of Winter - - - The Bangles

Bonus Track

Ridgetop - - - Jessie Colin Young

Remember I'm saving lives out there on the road today. What ya'll listening too?

8 Comments:

Blogger andi said...

William Byrd's Masses (for 3, 4 & 5 Voices) - Deller Consort.

Problem is I can't think when I'm listening to it and I'm supposed to be working. Heartbreakingly beautiful.

12:00 PM  
Blogger FriĆ°vin said...

once i twist the top off that tequila bottle tonight i suspect a lot a very large black women are going to show up and play something for me.

3:34 PM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

anybody that expects work while something that glorious is being played is seriously delusional. they need our help and support. but not our cooperation.

kona - sounds like a party at my place. dude, you simply MUST check out "Dreamgirls" the moment it opens. i was listening to some of the soundtrack that a friend ftp'd over and wow. totally. wow.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Deborah Newell said...

MB, check your email: fruitcake is en route. Enjoy, my friend.

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is what I been listening to here at the computer today.

Delbert is a hometown boy (Fort Worth, Tx)

yo soy Horsedooty!

click here for the blues

click on Delbert's picture and it opens a little window with an MP3 player in it. About 89 songs.

HD

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dang I screwed the html so here is the link

http://www.tropicalglen.com/FA-Delbert.html

yo soy Horsedooty!

2:19 PM  
Blogger Liz Blondsense said...

I'm listening to the Decembrists- Yankee Bayonet.

Festive, huh?

8:18 AM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

thanks for the delbert link. he's an old pal. it's good to see him getting more of the respect he deserves, as a writer and performer.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home