Friday, September 01, 2006

Friday Random Ten

I am giving a shout out to my daughter in Ireland, I'm doing this on the laptop in Tombstone. Yep, your old man's playing cowboy again. Love you darlin' here's what's on the OK corral iPod from out where a six gun is a fashion accessory.

Jolie Blon - - Doug Kershaw
Touch of Grey - - Grateful Dead (live bootleg)
Amsterdam - - Jaques Brel
Ashes to Ashes - - Steve Earle
Peace - - Sweet Honey in the Rock
Musta Got Lost - - J. Geils (live bootleg from K-K-K-Katie's)
We're All Mad Here - - Tom Waits
I'll Fly Away - - Allison Krause, Gillian Welsh, Emmylou Harris
Steamboat Whistle Blues - - Johnny Hartford
How Can I Miss You (if you won't go away) - - Dan Hicks and his Hot Licks


Bonus track - - Hit random twice and take the top

Boll Weevil - - Leadbelly


What are all ya'll tenderfoots listenin' too?

6 Comments:

Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Hi, his daughter in Ireland. How are things so far away?

I'm coming out of the closet on this one. Here's my statement, I do not own an Ipod. Never have. Sometimes you gotta wonder how I make it through life without all the toys. I do pretty damned well.

I do not miss that which I have never had and I have too many things now that I would miss if I did not have them.

7:15 AM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

the only thing i find disturbing about the iPod is how isolating it can be. i was at a poker table a while back and there were six iPods on players. they were off in their own little worlds, in a large sense, not in the game. . .strange that something like music which can be a powerful community force has now become something intensly personal. we walk around singing along with bits and bytes instead of each other.

9:44 AM  
Blogger J. Goff said...

I can listen to the O, Brother Where Art Thou? all day. I'll Fly Away is especially close to my heart. 8^)

2:01 PM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

i have a soft spot for the soundtrack. just good old fashioned clean american music. the stanley brothers doing "angel band" is another gem.

10:41 PM  
Blogger jordanrep.com/10522 said...

Hi Minstrel Boy! It's been awhile. I'm listening to a rude and irreverent song a friend sent me. It's something I could never sing, would never sing, but I'm really enjoying listening to it. deb

8:31 AM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

i've enjoyed some pretty rude songs, even written a few that i don't perform often (like my tender love ballad "loving you's the dumbest fucking thing i've ever done"). rudeness has it's place. i was ruder when i was young and able to cash the checks my smart ass mouth would write.

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home