Saturday, February 03, 2007

Contestant Search Update

I was in a group of 80 this morning, the second group of 80 today. Out of 1,200 people who took the 10 question test yesterday there were three groups of 80 left. In my group after the 50 question test there were nine of us left. Yes! I passed. We played a mock game to get us used to handling the buzzer thingies and on waiting until the questioner has finished reading it off. I did alright I think. Luckily there was a category about guitar players (yes, I aced that one). I told the production staff people in the interview that I would bring truffles if they put me on the show. They said "Alright a bribe!" I said "A chocolate bribe, those are the most alluring."

So now, I wait to see if they call. I can't audition for a full year. If I am selected to be on the show I can't let anyone know or disclose any of the outcome.

I didn't see Sharon in my group. I hope it's because they had her in another set of folks, not that her asshole friend wouldn't let her continue.

9 Comments:

Blogger maurinsky said...

That would be awesome, to see you on Jeopardy!

It's not fair that you only had a 10 question test, though. I went to the contestant search a couple of years ago in Boston, and I had to take a 100 question test!

10:46 PM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

it would be pretty exciting. i have a healthy respect for the other contestants. for 1,200 to be whittled down to 240 by ten questions and then to have that whittled down to a handfull by the 50 question test was humbling. 100 questions, sheesh! that would be brutal. part of the difficulty of the 50 question test is that it covers 50 different subjects. there is no chance to luck into something you know well. also in the humbling arena i was gigging the boy who dared me (nay, triple dog dared me) about how he is always pointing out to me the stupid things i do and say. i said see, i can't be that stupid!

he said

you're book smart. you know a little of everything and a lot of nothing.

gotta love a kid like that.

9:57 AM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Damn dude, this is deliciously cool. Good luck!

7:44 AM  
Blogger Pogo said...

Hope you got Sharon''s number. Chances that she'll be with the asshole for long seem pretty remote to me. And being married to someone who lots of folks (me included - hey, why do you think I was attracted to her?) might describe as red haired eye candy, I can recommend it. LOL

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belated congratulations!
I hope you kick ass.

I've been busy building the mother of all snowforts with my neice/nepphews. We even have a parapet. Gotta keep those evil rabbits from infiltrating.

Here's a practice Jeopardy answer
for you:
The tallest mountain in the world measured from base to peak.

Question: ?????

9:45 AM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

"Hawaii's Mauna Kea, though, rises an astonishing 33,476 feet (10,203 meters) from the depths of the Pacific Ocean floor. Measuring from base to peak, Mauna Kea is the tallest mountain on earth."

national geographic website

i suspected a hawaii connection since it came from you.

pogo - number was gotten. i'm planning a call this afternoon to see if she went through with the next step. which might even be a subtle suggestion of her next step.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Pogo said...

As Colorado Bob would asy, "Here's your ATTABOY."

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a clever and wise surmise you made. You are definitely jeopardy material.
p.s. You never said if you met Alex or not.

1:35 PM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Smooth move with the lady too. You may have hit the jackpot before even playing the game.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home