Saturday, January 27, 2007

Friday Random Ten (on Saturday)

By request from Marcus:

Redemption Song - - Bob Marley
Audio Track 5 - - (some shit I'm working on)
Big Rock Candy Mountain - - Burl Ives
You Can Call Me Al - - Paul Simon
Low Spark of High Heeled Boys - - Traffic
Since I Fell For You - - Dr. John & Rikki Lee Jones (live bootleg)
Ne Me Quitte Pas - - Jacques Brel
Gimme Little Sign - - Brenton Wood
Step Right Up - - Tom Waits
Amarillo By Morning - - George Straight (living room session w/me on harp, then fiddle)


Bonus Track

Rufus is a Tit Man - - Louden Wainright III

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You Can Call Me Al - - Paul Simon

Thank you! Classic example of a song I love every time I hear it but need to be reminded to download when I'm actually at the computer.

6:20 PM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

that whole album (Graceland) is astonishing. after i heard if for the first time i went into the room where all my instruments are and said "OK gang, we're starting over." The last time that happened to me was when I heard Peter Tosh and Toots Hibbert for the first time.

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to hear someone else appreciates Burl Ives.
Lots of people just dismiss him as a xmas time institution.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Peter of Lone Tree said...

George Straight?

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home