Thursday, July 27, 2006

Molly Ivins. Nail. Head.

Let me begin by saying I loves me some Molly Ivins. I wish I had half the wit and style she has in her left pinkie. But when she gets really going, when she says stuff like this:

If I may raise a nasty political possibility. One good reason for the Bush administration to leave Chapter 9,271 to burn out of control is that this administration thrives on fear. Fear has been the text and the subtext of every Republican campaign since 9/11. Endless replay of the footage from 9/11 has graced every Republican campaign since. Could it be that 9/11 is beginning to pall, to feel as overplayed as Natalee Holloway? Fear is actually more dangerous than war in the Middle East. For those who spin dizzily toward World War III, the Apocalypse, the Rapture -- always with that delicious frisson of terror -- the slow, patient negotiations needed to get it back under control are Not News.

My adoration and respect is truly boundless.

Now go, read the whole thing and then bookmark her page.

That is all. Carry on.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Molly Ivins is truly a national treasure.

2:26 PM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

yes, indeed she is. it's enough to make a guy like me hot for women his own age. . .

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home