Friday, July 21, 2006

IMG_4416 random flickr blogging while avoiding promised work on another, more serious post


IMG_4416
Originally uploaded by Fiona Cullen.



my mind is
a big hunk of irrevocable nothing which touch and taste and smell
and hearing and sight keep hitting and chipping with sharp fatal
tools
in an agony of sensual chisels i perform squirms of chrome and ex
-ecute strides of cobalt
nevertheless i
feel that i cleverly am being altered that i slightly am becoming
something a little different, in fact
myself
Hereupon helpless i utter lilac shrieks and scarlet bellowings.



     e.e. cummings

2 Comments:

Blogger Nobody in Particular said...

I love the cummings quote. I also love harps! (Not too fond of swords, though.) ;-) Your musical endeavors have my deepest respect, you who are both artist and artisan.

6:59 AM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

Thank you, I especially love it when people recognise and respect the artisan part of the picture. I keep repeating that, at the professional level, talent is a given. After that cut, it's the worker bees who keep the hive buzzing.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home