Sunday, July 23, 2006

One Little Question

Does anybody else remember that about a month before the invasion of Iraq, Saddam Hussein floated a trial balloon about abdication and exile? This was refused by "war is the last resort" "No President wants to go to war" the Bush administration. Seems to me, that allowing Saddam to pull an Idi Amin, Baby Doc Duvalier, Bokasa, Marcos style run off to another place would have been much more humane to the Iraqi people (now dying at a much greater rate than even the Baathist regime's best days of genocide), much cheaper for the American taxpayers (except, of course, Halliburton and it's attendant KBR profit margins) because if you don't break it in the first place you don't have to rebuild it.

This little nagging fact alone proves that the President is not only a liar of the first magnitude (those being liars that believe their own shit), but if we keep buying this load of crap from him, we're stupid.

I, for one, intend to loudly call "Bullshit" every time I hear him say that he explored a single option besides war.

Bullshit. Bullshit. Bullshit.

Lying, hypocrital bastard.
Every death in Iraq, Lebanon, West Bank, Gaza, Isreal, Afghanistan, and any other place you have pulled in to your war for what ever reasons you might have had is truly on your hands. (I know personally, in a Lady Macbeth sort of way, that this kind of blood is very hard to remove. It tends to become visible again when you do things like hold a newborn baby and stuff, welcome to my world asshole)

Oh yeah, and my mother still has Parkinson's, thanks a fucking lot shitstain. (see? I can do "cute" nicknames too.)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Every death...is truly on your hands"

Truer words were never spoken. I hope George Bush sees this blood, is covered in this blood, for the rest of his miserable life.
I wanted to let you know I was very moved by your post about your mother's Parkinson's. My mother died of Alzheimer's 5 years ago, and my siblings and I live with the ever-present knowledge that what happened to her, her agonizingly slow slide toward oblivion, could happen to us. Thanks to Bush and the blastocyst cult any hope for a cure for Parkinson's, for Alzheimer's, for any number of diseases is delayed yet again.

2:14 PM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

Alzheimer's is one of the cruelest things that can happen. It totally takes over the lives of a family (and in some cases friends). I have a dear friend (and ex neighbor/landlord) who is currently slipping further and further away from us. We all do what we can. When I saw them last (in March) I was able to break through the fog a little bit by playing some of her favorite tunes (I know lots of 20's, 30's, and 40's hit parade stuff and the last memories to go seem to be childhood, so strange and sad) but to watch the bit by bit destruction of a loved one is something that, if not experienced, cannot be described. It is beyond belief and tolerance that this vile bastard is allowed to do the things that he is doing. I have sworn eternal hostility to his policies. I want him to be remembered as The. Worst. President. Ever.

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, my mother would talk about her childhood long after she had forgotten where she was living and even the names of her children. Music was one of the things that could reach her too. One of the great gifts she gave me was a love of music, all kinds of music.
I agree completely with your statements about Bush, and we may get our wish that he is remembered as the worst president ever. It's beyond belief to me that some people (including my own brother) still support this murderer.
Bless you for reaching out to your friend, and thank you so much for this blog. I read it every day.

2:40 PM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

I have, through research (although this only works on people that are swayed by facts and reason) been able to turn several members of my mostly republican lock step family. My mother's brother, who is a decent man has recently not even bothered to defend Bush when I launch my attacks. He is a brilliant attorney, was an organizer and fund raiser for Reagan (who I had the pleasure of meeting while he was governor and that rat bastard was a charming rat bastard) who feels that Bush has betrayed the ideals and foundation of what constitutes a conservative (when I take the political tests I usually turn up as a libertarian). As a viet nam veteran I oppose his cavelier use of the military in unjustified wars, as an atheist I oppose his constant shoving of his god and his jesus down my throat and all over our constitution, as a father I oppose his federal take over of the school system (my only one left in public school has opted to do his final two years on the internet to be done with it), as a son of a woman with Parkinson's I oppose his idiotic and scientificly undefendable policy of putting progress farther and farther out of reach. There is nothing about this man that does not repell me. And I'm considered to be a pretty live and let live kind of guy. This bastard has me thinking of flintlocks and village greens in Concord and Lexington...

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, but you see the key phrase about your mother's brother is that he is "a decent man." My brother has been unduly influenced by his wife and her family, who appear to care about no one except themselves, even to the extent of not caring about what kind of world they leave to their children and future grandchildren. They would make fine members of the Bush family, those two, and the Bushes are welcome to them.
If I had no other reason (and I have thousands) to hate Bush and his entire administration with a fiery passion, it would be what is happening in Lebanon. I have dear Lebanese friends whose family members are caught in that hell.

3:27 PM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

Yes, indeed, their inaction on Lebanon is shamefull. Have you clicked through and seen Kerblog? Heartbreaking stuff. I am so worried for this guy, and, having a vivid picture of what it is like in Beruit right now alongside my own fond memories of the place (from before the 80's shitstorm even) is truly heartbreaking.

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have seen Kerblog, thanks to you, and will send the link to my Lebanese friends in this country in case they have not already seen it.

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home