Friday, November 30, 2007

Friday Random Ten

This is a good one. I've been a happy kitchen cleaner (at least as happy a cleaner as one can be when the hot water heater's on the fritz and the plumber dude hasn't shown yet)

I Am Stretched On Your Grave - - - Sinead O'Connor (live bootleg featuring yours truly on guitar)
You're the Storm - - - The Cardigans
Try - - - Nellie Furtado
My Country Tis of Your People You're Dying - - - Buffy Sainte-Marie
For Baby (for Bobby) - - - Peter, Paul & Mary (featuring me Da on Bass)
The Engineer's Dying Child - - - Johnny Cash
He Didn't Ask Me - - - Pearl Bailey
I'll Be Hard To Handle - - - Ella Fitzgerald
I'll Be Seeing You - - - Frank Sinatra
It's DeLovely - - - Sarah Vaughn


Bonus - - -

Keep Your Lamps Trimmed and Burning - - - The Reverend Gary Davis

what ya'll listening too?

4 Comments:

Blogger Maheanuu Tane said...

I have an all day mp3 mix on that is Bluegrass, Hawaiian, Tahitian, Samoan, Maori, Folk, Country 'n More.

One of my favorite musicians happens to be Gove Scrivenor and I get chicken skin on his stuff.

Hawaiian includes Olomana, Sons of Hawaii, Moe Keale, Sunday Manoa, Gabby Pahinui and all the artists who were instrumental in re-activating the Hawaiian Culture to what it is today...

I will try to pick ten of my favorites and email 'em to you for your listening pleasure if you would like, that is, if the recording industry isn't gonna bust my chops fer introducing you to some really beautiful music...

Haere Maru, Haere Papu!

3:11 PM  
Blogger splord said...

I clicked on the Pandora email and have been listening to their "Classical Christmas" station all afternoon.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

MB,

I like your Buffy Ste. Marie choice.
We've being listening to The Kinks this week; the Clash last.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Bukko Boomeranger said...

Hoodoo Gurus, Radio Birdman, Exploding White Mice and a lot of other punkish Aussie bands in the MC 5/Iggy Pop vein. But mostly, Air America Radio podcasts that we download and play on the computer. Have to keep track of how the Empire is unraveling, you know!

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home