Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday Random Ten

Yeah, long week folks. Luckily I'm off to Tucson to meet a dear friend and play some cool music to help her raise money for music programs in the school system down there.

My cousin, the brilliant attorney and his partner are going to hang out and feed critters while I'm gone.


Here's the first ten to bubble up this morning . . .

Sea of Love - - - Tom Waits
Billy Got Some Bad New Today - - - Tom Paxton
April, Come She Will - - - Paul Simon (live bootleg)
Irish Rover - - - The Pogues
4th Time Around - - - Bob Dylan
The Wind - - - Cat Stevens
Jivin' Man Blues - - - Dave Van Ronk
Jolie Blon - - - Doug Kershaw
The Carpenter - - - Guy Clark
Gonna Be A Country Girl Again - - - Buffy Sainte-Marie


And I'm gonna be a country girl again
With an old brown dog and a big front porch
And rabbits in the pen

I tell you all the lights on Broadway
Don't amount to an acre of green
And I'm gonna be a country girl again


Word Buffy. Fucking. Word.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

have fun.

9:00 AM  
Blogger FriĆ°vin said...

Buffy has been on my mind lately, while I'm under the influence of Mexican potions. I might have to have me some tonight.

9:00 AM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

i loves me some buffy. she's totally orginally and fiercly individualistic. we part company from time to time on our social and political views. i'm far more parochial on native american issues, preferring to think more in terms of my own people and not so "pan-indian." partly because i think it's more prudent but also because apaches have a tradition of being insular and arrogant and not even getting along all that well among themselves. the other part is that i'm tired of the fucking souix walking around like they're the only goddamned indins in the world.

but, when i play, and she sings, all is forgiven and forgotten, and we're back in love with each other.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home