Friday, March 09, 2007

Friday Random Ten

Sorry for the lack of postings this week. I've been putting a new piece of equipment through its paces. It's a "modeling" guitar. One of the banes of my existence is the amount of equipment that I have to lug around from venue to venue. Some of it is unavoidable, and quite frankly, one of the reasons I get gigs. But something as simple as cutting down the amount of guitars that I have to carry is a very attractive proposition.

Like any new instrument, there's a learning curve and I'm trying to negotiate that right now without spinning out. So far, the results are promising. Very promising.

Now, on to the random gifts of music. . .hit random, take the ten on the top.

I Know I'm Losin' You - - - Temptations
Late In the Evening - - - Paul Simon
In My Hour of Darkness - - - Emmylou Harris
Cadillac Ranch - - - Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
They're Red Hot - - - Robert Johnson
I Think It's Going To Rain - - - Randy Newman (live bootleg)
Pasties & A G-String - - - Tom Waits
Wild, Wild Life - - - Talking Heads
Jordan Road - - - Harry Belafonte
Eres Tu - - - Mocedades


Bonus Track

When You The Viper - - - Fats Waller

4 Comments:

Blogger Missouri Mule said...

Learning curve, eh? When your mojos working, life rocks!

Since I know your day won't be complete without knowing what I'm listening to, I'll tell ya.

Stephane Grappelli's jazz violin CD. The ponies and I are absorbing it through our pores and it's taking my breath away!

12:40 PM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

i adore grapelli! he's so original (and i will admit to stealing as many of his licks as i can every chance i get, it's glarely obvious whenever i play "sweet georgia brown") and there is a great playful quality that more serious players don't achieve. he came to sit in one night while i was playing with papa john creech in la jolla. on one song he took about a four phrase turn and was looking to pass it off, in one voice we shouted "More! More!

12:54 PM  
Blogger FriĆ°vin said...

"They're Red Hot" -- hell yeah.

Hot tamales1 and they're red hot, yes she got'em for sale
Hot tamales and they're red hot, yes she got'em for sale
I got a girl, say she long and tall
She sleeps in the kitchen with her feets in the hall
Hot tamales and they're red hot, yes she got'em for sale, I mean
Yes, she got'em for sale, yeah


Now I need a drink!

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it is Saturday but I been listening to Bill Kirchen rippin' it up on the Twangbangers live album and on his new album entitled Hammer of the Honky-Tonk God. Great playing and boogie woogie stuff.

yo soy HorsedootY!

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home