Friday, March 09, 2007

Blogroll Addition (and a song thrown in)

Arrrr. Jist so's ye be aknowin' things. I been signed on ta be shippin' with Cap'n Dyke a lesbian pirate queen. Since me post requires the singin' o'th'chanties and occaisional ditties merely fer the helluvit. I offer up this, 'twas a favorite o'me dearly beloved whelps when they was tiny, we all of us loves it still.

Here's the tune

A Capital Ship

A capital ship for an ocean trip
Was the "Walloping Window Blind"
No wind that blew dismayed her crew
Or troubled the captain's mind
The man at the wheel was made to feel
Contempt for the wildest blow-ho-ho
Tho' it often appeared when the gale had cleared
That he'd been in his bunk below

(CHORUS)
So, blow ye winds, heigh-ho
A-roving I will go
I'll stay no more on England's shore
So let the music play-ay-ay
I'm off for the morning train
To cross the raging main
I'm off to my love with a boxing glove
10,000 miles away

The bos'un's mate was very sedate
Yet fond of amusement too
He played hop-scotch with the starboard watch
While the captain tickled the crew
The gunner we had was apparently mad
For he sat on the after ra-hey-ail
And he fired salutes with the captain's boots
In the teeth of a booming gale

(CHORUS)

The captain sat on the commodore's hat
And dined in a royal way
Off pickles & figs & little roast pigs
And gunnery bread each day
Our cook was Dutch and behaved as such
For the diet he served the crew-ew-ew
Was a couple of tons of hot-cross buns
Served up with sugar and glue


All nautical pride we cast aside
And we ran the vessel ashore
On the Gulliby Isles where the poopoo smiles
And the rubbily ubdugs roar
We sat on the edge of a sandy ledge
And shot at the whistling bee-hee-hee
While cinnamon bats wore waterproof hats
What they dipped in the briney sea

(CHORUS)

On rugabug bark from dawn till dark
We dined till we all had grown
Uncommonly shrunk when a Chinese junk
Came up from the Torrible Zone
She was stubby and square, but we didn't much care
So we cheerily put to sea-hee-hee
And we left the crew of the junk to chew
On the bark of the rubabug tree

(CHORUS)


Now shove ye off a singin' I've work ta be done.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I believe I'll be stickin' around an' waitin' for ye t'break into song again, Me Minstrel...

5:58 PM  
Blogger Camera Obscura said...

Could ye take a request? Sailing by Trout Fishing in America.

Arrrrr.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Rez Dog said...

Camera,

Whole Wheat Radio has that song and artist in its playlist. You can also request and hear it there.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Camera Obscura said...

Duckies, I got it on a CD somewheres. I wanted MB!

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home