Saturday, December 02, 2006

What Kind of Reader Are You?

What Kind of Reader Are You?
Your Result: Dedicated Reader

You are always trying to find the time to get back to your book. You are convinced that the world would be a much better place if only everyone read more.

Obsessive-Compulsive Bookworm
Literate Good Citizen
Book Snob
Fad Reader
Non-Reader
What Kind of Reader Are You?
Create Your Own Quiz



Well, really this one got fairly close. I haven't been keeping up my book log on the sidebar like I intended too. Usually I have at least three books going. But the genres and the styles change, and I am not all that rigid in my organization. Some of my titles are grouped by subject (like half a row of Lincoln stuff or the Founding Fathers/American Revolution shelves). Some are grouped by author (I have hardcovers of everything written by more than a couple of writers)

People sometimes get blown away by the music stuff scattered all through the house (I don't have any guitars on a stand in the bathroom or kitchen, but every other room is fair game) but I love it when a bibliophile sees the library. They gasp audibly. It's a room for books and reading. Four walls, floor to ceiling shelves, one chair, one small table, one lamp. They see that and know exactly where I'm coming from.

3B's

2 Comments:

Blogger Maggie Rosethorn said...

I am a Dedicated Reader, too. Had to fudge on one of the choices, because I hadn't read Bridges of Madison County but, on the other hand, have read all of the Harry Potter books, so figure that was a fair substitution.

I don't have a dedicated book room. But my husband has threatened to leave me if I buy more books (hasn't carried through on the threat, yet). For me, a bookstore is a greater problem then any other place to shop; I almost never leave a bookstore without having spent $100 (of course, I have unfortunately infected my children with the same bad habit...lol...) But on the otherhand, it's probably the one bad habit that isn't illegal, immoral or fattening!

9:01 AM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

No, reading is none of those things. I always get a charge when I read the "100 best books of the year" at the New York Times. It usually turns out that I own and have read most of them.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home