Friday, November 17, 2006

Pecan Pie (to die for)

Is really one of the simplest thing there is. I use the recipe off the bottle of dark Karo® syrup with one tiny variation. One little extra added thing. That's all.

I won't even make fun of you and call you a slacker if you use a frozen pie crust. I promise.

For a pecan (and i really don't have an opinion on how to pronouce the name of the nut in question Pea-can, puhcawn, hell i just don't care)

The variation is simple (I said that didn't I?)

The recipe (per pie) calls for 1 cup dark Karo®

I use 3/4 cup of the syrup and 1/4 cup honey. We get better than decent citrus honey in Arizona, sage honey gives a nice smokey hint to it. Use whatever you want.
But remember Karo® has the best recipe I've ever found right on the bottle.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know that karo recipe is good and it always works...which I like! Can't do the frozen pie crust tho!! Check out my cheatin' blog~

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home