Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Update on the Colcannon Fundraiser Challenge

Thanks to Maurinsky (who got credit for merely being more irish than me), Shakes, Konagod, Bad Tux and Tata I just dropped $25 in my friend's tip jar. While I was doing it I thought up another challenge.

It's Little League World Series time and the Arizona lads from Ahwatukee (they are calling them Phoenix but they're from Ahwatukee which used to be a Yaqui village) have just advanced to semi finals. So here's the challenge. I'll take the Arizona boys of the West USA against all comers, foreign and domestic for $5. Furthermore, I'll kick an extra $5 everytime my lads hit a home run.

The winnings will go to Shakes.

Any Takers?

I double dog dare all ya'll, nope, I TRIPLE DOG DARE YA!

3 Comments:

Blogger maurinsky said...

I will take you up, although I never bet on anything, so you'll have to let me know how this works.

1:20 PM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

the teams left for right now are:

Mexico - - Matamoros
Asia - - Japan
Transatlantic - - Saudi Arabia (buncha kids whose parents work the oil fields)

I'll take Mexico, Japan looks the best of the international pool, but the Arabian kids are a threat.

For the U.S. side we have Great Lakes playing Beaverton, Oregon,

Then Tomorrow we have Portsmouth, New Hampshire (you can claim regional trump if you want to) against
My Arizona kids got clobbered while I was writing my challenge. So I'll drop $5 in Shake's tip jar.

You just pick your team and the one backing the losers gives $5 to Shakes.

Like for Oregon against Illinois (which is close to a home game for Shakes and Spudsy) If Oregon wins, you give Shakes $5. If the eastern kids win I'll give 5.

You can add on the home run challenge. Like when Mexico played Venezuela this morning they hit two homers. So that's $10 for the Shake's jar.

Japan vs. Saudi Arabia tomorrow - -
with Japan looking really good, if you want 'em you got 'em.

Anyways, that's how it's done. It makes the game more fun to watch. The kids are playing some great ball this year. It's hard sometimes to remember that they're 11, 12, and a few 13. You can't win or lose a whole lot this way, although the Mexican kids do hit a bunch of dingers. They could get expensive, but, I figure, what the fuck? I'm having a pretty good season myself. Time to pass it around a little.

2:02 PM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

the second game tomorrow is New Hampshire vs. Georgia. got interupted by a delivery. sheeesh!

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home