Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Great Site

When politics and thinking about the future begin to wear me down, I take great comfort in being able to study the past.

I'm a big fan of Shelby Foote's three volume work The Civil War. It is a brilliantly researched work, elegantly written.

Now, however, there is an online site that will walk you through the major battles using animation. There is also a sound narration, but, after the first time, I turned it off in order to absorb the visuals without distraction.

Give it a look. Civil War Animated

3B's

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have yet to finish all three volumes, but I love the way Foote wrote those!

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been to the bloody lane at Antietam. If you can imagine yourself into the setting it's quite creepy! I'm sure I would bet similarly creeped out at Shiloh.

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

("be", not "bet")

10:42 AM  
Blogger Brave Sir Robin said...

My son will love that site.

Thanks!

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home