Friday, April 18, 2008

Friday Random Ten

I just finished a call from my new niece. I'm supposed to call my sister at the prison she works in. The funny part of the call was when, before she gave me the last four digits of the phone number she told me "It's extinction ####,"

I'm hoping the news I get from her is that she has been offered a job at the local prison down here.

Sountrack for the morning has been:


Country Fried Blues - - - Taj Mahal
Wear Sumthin Green - - - Jimmy Reed
Baby, It's You - - - John Stewart
Summerwind - - - Bobby Darin
A Hundred Thousand Angels - - - Sinead O'Connor (live bootleg)
M'Appari - - - Bellini - From "Norma"
Mistral Gagnan - - - Lara
Forty Miles of Bad Road - - - Delbert McClinton (live bootleg from "The Boarding House" in San Francisco, me on snotty ass bottleneck guitar)
Le Maintenant - - - Jacques Brel


Bonus Track: I've been having a good mix this morning. My favorite side has been:

John Law Burned Down the Liquor Store - - - Chris Thomas Clark (live bootleg, me on snotty bottleneck again)

What's on your soundtrack today?

6 Comments:

Blogger Friðvin said...

In the shower this morning I couldn't get Commander Cody's Hot Rod Lincoln out of my head.

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Debaser -- The Pixies
2. Keep Hope Alive -- The Crystal Method
3. By Demons Be Driven -- Pantera
4. So Long -- Guster
5. Pera Raja Daruvo -- Radha
6. I Believe In You -- Amp Fiddler
7. I Don't Know -- Big Audio Dynamite II
8. When They Ring the Golden Bells -- Natalie Merchant
9. Live In a Hole -- Pantera [WTF, Winamp? I only have the one Pantera album and like 5000 songs on this playlist.]
10. Mary, Mary -- Chumbawamba

4:20 PM  
Blogger Friðvin said...

Debaser! Yeah!

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Pixies are awesome. I'm embarrassed how long it took me to figure out the "un chien andalusian" line, but in my defense, his accent is terrible.

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We Can't Make It Here

James McMurtry

A little stark reality to start the day with

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Konagod, here is an updated version of Hot Rod Lincoln by Bill Kirchen who was the original guitar player on the Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airman recording. Kirchen plays this every night as his show piece.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8_FK6o8RPSQ

yo soy Horsedooty!

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home