Thursday, December 07, 2006

Truffle Production Set to Begin

I've been dealing with Mom issues, trying to get her care-givers organized and documented. I have a five pound batch of ganache mixed and chilled, ready to roll up and dip as soon as I get the refrigerator stuff handled (chocolate is very absorbent when it comes to odors so I've been tracking down a used fridge to hold only the truffles). My brother-in-law has an old Coke refrigerated display case in his garage, it just needs a shot of freon. We'll see.

Then it's into full on, full speed production. The flavors that will be dipped tonight are Starbuck's Coffee Liqueur and Chambord.

I'm heading into Calexico to prowl the indoor swap meet first. You can find anything there, it's an old fashioned Marcado.

7 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

That sounds so good. I love Chambord.

One of the many things I miss about living in SD was the ability to hop the trolley and go into Tijuana (there is a killer fish restaurant!) any time I wanted. Plus, I haven't had a decent chile relleno since I moved to San Jose. The sushi sucks here, too. Who would have thought?

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the opposite end of life we just had our first snowfall here. About 2 fluffy inches and lotsa ice.
Life is good.
Thanks for the tip on your creme brulee recipe.
But since I joined weightwatchers 2 months ago I won't be trying it anytime soon. I definitely don't want to have to backtrack on the 25 lbs gone thus far.
However....I'm hearing the words 'roasted vegetables' and 'awesome' being used in the same sentence quite frequently.
Whatja got along those lines?

4:54 PM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Damn, you are responsible for the drool that is now all over my keyboard. Got it on my chin and on my shirt too. God that sounds good.

6:03 AM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

i have some decent recipes from provance that use roasted vegetables. as soon as i'm done with the truffle push i'll dig into them. . .along with some game recipes. roasted elk with cumberland sauce, mmmmmmm.

9:32 AM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Don't the guys at the local elks club get a little ticked when you shoot one of their members and roast him with cumberland?

12:31 PM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

nobody would miss or protect those elks. i don't know if a cumberland sauce would be the right one for them. . .they run greasy and stringy. . .might take a mustard/bechamel combo to cut through.

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You think the elks are greasy and stringy?
Guess you haven't meet any of our local wolves or eagles.
Greasy, stringy, grungy, drunk, uptight, illiterate and intolerant.

No wonder I spend so much time in the woods.
I like my animals real.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home