Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Morning After Medicine

I'm running on only a few hours of sleep. Nights when the insomnia thing hits are tough come the morning, the horses and dogs all expect their food to be delivered (and they have every right to expect that) on time whether or not I have had a decent night's sleep.

It was especially lovely out here this morning. Homeric rosey-fingered dawn was glorious. There was a big ass Red-Tail Hawk sitting on the fence by my truck patch so I didn't have to shoo any rabbits away from my almost ready spinach rows. Barn Monster (the alpha cat) allowed me to scratch his ears (he still holds a grudge for that trip to the vet we took a while back).

There will be a crew out this morning (you know that whole "window of time" thing) that will be replacing the unstable and low-signal cables running from the system to the house, so blogging and internet access will be very light. If I have any work to be sent over the net I'll have to go to the local Starbucks to get a WiFi hookup off the laptop.

Blogging will be light or non-existant until they finish.

We Won! I'm really looking forward to seeing one particular Republican blowhard today. I'm going to cup a hand to one ear and say "I heard the voice of the people speak last night. They said for you "To Shut The Fuck Up for a couple of years." Then I think I'll giggle in his face for a while. . .

Yes, I have a mean streak.

4 Comments:

Blogger FriĆ°vin said...

It's about damn time... and fun too, no?

1:19 PM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

it was fun. mean. but still fun.

9:59 PM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Yep, I'm rubbing the happiness all over my body with delight. Yea, for the American people. Now let's get busy and clean up the mess they left us.

4:08 AM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

i've been telling people that this was a vote against the republicans. now it's up to the democrats to deliver something we can be for.

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home