Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Hive Mind! Assemble!

I got this email this morning from one of my sisters. It's an interesting thing to think about.
Hi guys! My mom is heading home in the next couple of days after a month's visit. How that pertains to my book is, I haven't had 5 spare minutes to work on it during her visit, I was lucky to get to my emails sporadically. Anyway, I'm getting ready to finish the first draft for my test readers, and hope to have it sent out by the end of the year. But I'm stuck on an idea that I need a word for, and I thought my panel of experts could help.
The book is about fighing evil, and how a couple of midlife sisters manage to do that. There are lots of delightful characters. I can't wait for you to meet them and it will become clear to you that I didn't have to reach past my personal experience to describe these rich & wonderful people.
Anyway, at one point some of the ladies are talking about the female version of "macho". We all know what a macho man is, but what would be a word to describe a female who dominates in traditionally feminine skills like cooking and sewing. And it would need to be an affectionate term, not an angry one.
Any ideas you have would be welcome! We have a couple of weeks, too, because that's something I could add on at the last minute. Thanks, guys


Ponder. Discuss.


I'm flogging this one all over the net, first at 3B's

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home