Friday, August 04, 2006

Friday Random Ten

It's Friday! All that really means for me today is that I'm packing up to drive six hours to visit my mother for a couple of days. Expect some light posting until Tuesday, unless I can talk one of my friends out of computer time. Without further ado here's the random ten from the iPod.

Ripple - - Grateful Dead
Hush-Hush - - Jimmy Reed
Hard Times - - Emmylou Harris (live at the Ryman)
32-20 Blues - - Robert Johnson
Ne Me Quitte Pas - - Jaques Brel
Turnstyled, Junkpiled - - Townes Van Zandt
Three Little Fishies - - Andrews Sisters
Pearline - - Son House
Angel From Montgomery - - John Prine
Bangles - - Hazy Shade of Winter (I fucking love their drummer that chick ROCKS)


Bonus Track (hit random twice and take the top)

Stag O'Lee - - Mississippi John Hurt

What's on your playlist today?

2 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Wolf said...

Oh, man, I must find my Jimmy Reed stuff for some listening this afternoon. Tasty.

This morning's commute was accompanied by The Best of Ray Charles from his ABC-Paramount period in the 60s.

10:53 AM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

jimmy reed is a long time favorite of mine, if your audio gear is up to snuff you can hear his wife before every phrase whispering the next lyrics in his ear. i loves me some good ol' fashioned recording sessions that actually recorded music! the best thing i like about the iPod is the way it has saved the wear and tear on my old "direct to disc" recordings and my prized '78s, i can listen all i want without fretting about the risk and wear.

i'm listening to professor longhair "tipitina" right now

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home