Friday, January 12, 2007

The Empress of the Blues

I'm fed up with politics. We seem to be headed for more war, more death, more destruction and there's fuck all we can do about it. When that happens to me, I take measures to slap myself out of the funk. I make some donations to charities and to people like Shakes to remind myself how good I have it. I also listen to great old music. Therefore, almost three minutes of Bessie Smith. I'm going to stuff my head under the faucet and go to a meeting.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
You made my dreary damp Saturday.

I don't want to come off as a
blues queens glutton
but there's no use denying the truth so......

Ya got in Ma Rainey in that bag?

12:26 PM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

i promise to do a YouTube search for Ma. I loves me some a her too. But, Bessie's the Empress. No pretenders to that throne.

12:39 PM  
Blogger FriĆ°vin said...

No shit. Perfect day for the blues here.

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well deserved title aside
sometimes the heart just wants
what the heart wants.
Especially on dreary damp weekends.

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

konagod
is your kona the kona
as in kailua-kona?

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home