Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Some Important Stuff From Andrew Sullivan

There has been a series of postings by Andrew Sullivan at The Atlantic where he has produced documents that show the terms "enhanced interrogation" and other euphemisms for torture being coined by the Nazis.

Yep, that's where Bush, Cheney, and Gonzales, with some good high black leather boot action from Dr. (Ilsa the She-Wolf) Rice all took their cues from the anti-insurgency operations of the Germans in Holland, France, and Norway. With only a few differences, like for instance, the Nazis didn't allow waterboarding. It was considered too brutal.

And, by the way, the Nazis who were convicted of things like using stress positions, cold baths, and bog simple beatings were tried, convicted and sentenced, some with death.

The whole article is right here

big tip of the feathered cap to oddjob.

3B's

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do you think Bush bought all that land in Paraguay? Perhaps he is expecting to be charged as a war criminal (hopefully) in the near future...

CC

9:03 AM  
Blogger pogo said...

MB, hola.
Finally got the damned blogger fiasco sortedout (thanks to PoP). As they say, long time, no see. NewID is pogo2.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

i couldn't finish reading all of it.

hurt too much.

we should be outraged and ashamed.

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It appalls me that we are not outraged. I has so appalled me since I first learned of Abu Ghraib, and then realized my outrage put me in a minority.

- oddjob (sob.........)

8:08 PM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Just the fact that "torture" and the "United States" are in the same sentence makes me feel sick to my stomach. I never even imagined this could happen. I wish I could wake up from this nightmare and find out it hadn't.

6:52 AM  
Blogger BadTux said...

We managed to defeat the Soviet Union without torturing a single Commie. And the Soviet Union had tanks and bombs and fighters and even nuclear weapons. Yet for some reason we supposedly cannot defeat a buncha dress-wearin' camel jockey dipshits armed with nothing more deadly than a $50 RPG without torturing people left and right? Has America really declined that far?

Nevermind, I don't want to know the answer.

Sigh.

- Badtux the Tired Penguin

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home